Catshill and North Marlbrook Parish Council AGM 23rd May 2019
A progress report was made at the recent Parish Councill AGM on the Neighbourhood Plan (NP). In summary;
- a detailed site assessment study has been undertaken to identify suitable sites for housing development
- the draft NP will be completed by the end of this year
- final consultation will be undertaken in Spring 2020
- a referendum is planned for Autumn 2020 to endorse the NP.
The full progress report can be downloaded on this link.
Concept of Neighbourhood Plans
The concept of ‘Neighbourhood Plans’ was introduced under the Localism Act 2011 and they are fundamentally about giving rights to local communities about the type, location, size, pace and design of developments in their area.
Neighbourhood Plans can:
· Decide where and what type of developments should happen in the neighbourhood area
· Include policies such as on design standards, which could take precedence over existing policies in the Bromsgrove District Council Local Plan for the neighbourhood.
The Neighbourhood Plan must primarily be about the use and development of land and could include the following:
· Housing developments, including affordable homes, and bringing vacant and derelict housing back into use.
· Provision for business to set up and expand their business.
· Issues around roads, cycling, walking and disabled access.
· Development of schools, places of worship, health, leisure and entertainment facilities, community and youth centres and village halls.
· Protection and creation of open space, nature reserves, allotments, sports pitches, play area, parks and garden, and tree planting.
· Protection of important buildings and historic assets.
· Promotion of renewable energy projects.
A formally adapted Neighbourhood Plan will be part of the statutory development for the area. There is a legal requirement for Bromsgrove District Council to take into account the contents of local Neighbourhood Plans when making future decisions on planning for those areas.
Catshill and North Marlbrook Parish Boundary.